Friday, November 12, 2010

No, I haven't been a slacker!

I've just been too busy to post!  I've been getting my house and yard ready for winter .......  There was much leaf raking and leaf blowing and leaf piling, and throwing useless junk out.  I'm sure you know the drill.  I'm glad that job is over.
 And to that end, I had to show you this little maple tree.  We had to cut down it's mamma 2 winters ago after a horrible ice storm all but brought it down.  This was an offshoot of that tree that we planted here a couple of years before that.  I always thought the mamma tree was one of the prettiest maple trees in town.  It was big and in the fall for about 2 weeks it was SPECTACULAR!  I see baby tree is going to follow in mamma's footsteps when it gets a little bigger.

Also, there has been a lot of sewing going on ..................
Notice my little buddy back there supervising.  And let me introduce you to this one....... 
No this is not Alison, but it is her sister, Carole.  Carole is a fat little beagle.  She and Alison will fight over this chair and the looser will stand there looking up at the winner and bark and fuss until you make her go find another chair to sit in.  Just like children, I'll tell you! 

This weekend I have big plans!  I'm going to start a new quilt project.  I love sewing quilt tops.  I love piecing them.  I love quilting them.  And I love sleeping under them.  This one is going to be a log cabin.  I took my big bag O scraps and cut what could be cut into strips.  I have all the strips ironed and ready to go.  I can't wait.  I will keep you posted.  Until next time, have a good weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment