Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Easter Quilt and a Birthday

Would you believe I am still trying to figure out Blogger?  Yes I Am!  My main gripe tonight is that when I add my pictures, the text is supposed to wrap around the picture, but it’s not.  Here,  let me add this picture:

March 13, 2011 003

And Oh Wow, I learned something!  See, I go and make a fool out of myself on my blog and all of the sudden it cooperates?  Ok,  forget all of that stuff I said up there.  Let me talk about this quilt.  This is my Easter quilt.  I finished it I think around Christmas time.  It is based on a pattern I found in the April 2010 American Patchwork & Quilting called Bunny Patch by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs.  I Red heart everything she designs.  Here, let me try to get a closeup of that center…  These pictures are TMarch 30, 2011 013ERRIBLE, I know.  I need to get a new camera since the old one is, well, SHOT!  I took these with my phone.  Sorry….Sad smile.  Anyway, hopefully you can see them somewhat.  So, I made this quilt and originally it was just the center part with the borders around that had the hearts in the corner.  And that was it!   I decided I wanted more quilt than that ….. so I started adding borders of my own.    I added and I added and I added until I had a quilt that I could actually USE!  I don’t hang quilts on walls.  I put quilts on beds where they can keep you warm and make you feel like a princess all at the same time.  March 13, 2011 007

See, I even put some initials on the corners.  Do you ever get creative with  a pattern and kind of make it your own?  If you do, please leave a comment and tell me about it. 

 

Now, I’m going to change the topic.  For today is my oldest son’s birthday and I Evan's Family 005want to take this opportunity to wish him a very very special and happy day.  He is in the Air Force and stationed right now at Andrews Air Force Base in Washington, DC.  I am very proud of him.  Happy Birthday, Baby. 

 

Hugs,  Prissy

No comments:

Post a Comment